Thursday, August 28, 2008

PT Update...

Hi all, as you can tell, I have take the better part of the Summer off from blogging. I have been paying close attention to politics and I am watching the Democratic National Convention as I write this, but I haven't updated this website since July. And for that, I'm sorry. I've been spending most of my time working, preparing for my second semester of college, and dealing with West Allis Public Access regarding my documentary (which I plan to release by the end of September).

I've also spend a lot of time going to classic rock concerts. Since the end of June, I've seen the Steve Miller Band, Creedence Clearwater Revisited, Styx, Boston, Elvis Costello, The Police (currently on their final tour), Alice Cooper, REO Speedwagon, and I have tickets to see Bruce Springsteen on Saturday (my birthday!) and then the Eagles in September! I don't know about you, but I have learned that I LOVE live performances! But I digress.

As you know, I have skipped covering a lot of major news this summer -- most notably, the Edwards Sex Scandal. I am in a bit of a predicament with that -- I endorsed him and repeatedly announced good news from his campaign. I also was very proud that I was able to meet the man in person. So, given his admission to the affair and the obvious end of his career, I guess I will have to accept that he will never hold office again, which is dissappointing because he had more political potential than almost anyone in the country. But I what I will not accept is the idea that because he had an affair, he is no longer to be deemed credible. This is nonsense. Edwards's message is as important today as it always was. And that message of "Two Americas" must not be ignored simply because he cheated on his wife. Speaking off, I really feel just awful for Elizabeth. Her lifelong career of bringing important issues to the forefront of political discussion is now being sideswiped by the media's fascination with scandal. This is reprehensible -- Elizabeth has worked too hard to be overshadowed by John's poor decision. I am happy, by the way, that John did not drag Elizabeth for his Nightline interview. That is just so degrading and it just makes me furious when guys like Larry Craig or Elliot Spitzer bring their respective wives into the spotlight just to make it appear they have marital support.

Well, I'm done ranting and I'll close this post with saying that I will start posting more often, and I will have two essays entitled "The Case Against McCain" and "My Endorsement of Obama" that I will release soon.

So check back soon!

-Mr. Joseph

PS I will also review some political events I attended including a speech by David Horowitz, an Obama campaign rally, and a private Republican dinner with McCain that I worked at.

No comments: