Sunday, December 10, 2006

Imus referred to "Jewish management" of CBS Radio as "money-grubbing bastards"

From Media Matters...

TRANSCRIPTS:

From the November 30 edition of MSNBC's Imus in the Morning:

IMUS: A great hour coming up. The Blind Boys of Alabama are gonna sing a bunch of tunes for us. I mean, they, you know, are just an American treasure.

CHARLES McCORD (co-host): That is not an overstatement.

IMUS: I remember when I first had 'em on a few years ago how the Jewish management at --

McCORD: Mmm-hmm.

IMUS: -- at whatever, whoever we work for, CBS, or whatever it is, were bitching at me about it. You know.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Careful there, Mel.

IMUS: And, uh -- well, not Mel. Mel's always [unintelligible]

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I meant Mel Gibson.

IMUS: Oh. Well, no, no, that's not from where I'm coming, obviously.

McCORD: You meant Mel Allen, then.

IMUS: But, uh, you know.

McGUIRK: They were dissing the handicapped African-Americans --

IMUS: Remember that?

McGUIRK: -- who love the baby Jesus.

McCORD: Yes.

IMUS: Remember that?

McGUIRK: Absolutely.

IMUS: We had a meeting in my office.

McCORD: I recall.

McGUIRK: The Blind Boys? No, no!

IMUS: They were furious. But, of course, I don't care what they say and never have.

McCORD: Yeah.

IMUS: And thank God. What, Bernie?

McGUIRK: Even if you wear a beanie, how can you not love the Blind Boys?

McCORD: These guys.

IMUS: Well, as I -- I tried to put it in terms that these money-grubbing bastards could understand.

IMUS: I said -- and they're always worried about my image and all that sort of thing, you know. And I said, "They're handicapped, they're black, and they're blind. How do we lose here?" And then a light bulb just went off over their scummy little heads. And, plus, they're great!

McCORD: And they are great. Where is the downside? Explain that to me.

LINK: MSNBC's Imus referred to "Jewish management" of CBS Radio as "money-grubbing bastards"

-Mr. Joseph

No comments: